Hostel pri Janezu will open its doors on the 7th of July and will stay open until the 17th of August 2014.
The mighty building in the centre of Ljubljana, located on 18, Karlovška Street has been giving shelter to primary and high school students with special needs for over 100 years. From the end of June, at the start of summer holidays when the children and youngsters return to their primal families, the Dorm with its playground and park stays empty and no more of the youngsters' hustle can be heard. This year, for the first time ever, we have decided to open our doors for the visitors of Ljubljana who are in need of accommodation and a pleasant environment. Between the 7th of July and the 17th of August the Dorm will be transformed into a hostel that was given the name Hostel pri Janezu.
The hostel is located in the center of Ljubljana, below the castle hill. Most of the main touristic sights are located within a walking distance of 10 minutes. The main market place, Ljubljana's castle, the Cathedral, City hall, The Three bridges, Prešeren Square and the Congress Square can all be reached on foot. Despite its central location, the hostel is remote enough to enable our guests the chance to enjoy the shadows of our trees in the park or relax, using the sports facilities in front of the hostel. The painted walls and the rainbow pictures, created by our children and youngsters bring warmth and domesticity of its spaces.
Our hostel has something else that makes it special and distinctive from all others – it is the youngsters with special needs who work there as part of their summer jobs. Besides providing a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere for the guests, we also aim at achieving social inclusion of youngsters with special needs. While getting to know Ljubljana, you'll also be given the chance to meet Nik, Čazim, Simon, Andreja and other youngsters who will brighten your day with their positive attitudes.
Our guests can use:
- 6 kitchenettes and living areas
- 4 double rooms with shared bathrooms
- 14 triple rooms with shared bathrooms
- 1 room with 6 beds
- The use of two washing machines
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hostel building
- Car wash
- The use of playground and outdoor sports facilities
- Secured parking
- Vending machine with drinks and snacks
- The price also includes traditional Slovenian breakfast
What do we offer?
- Food and drinks – breakfast
- Free Wi-Fi in the whole hostel area
- Free parking
- Secured lockers with a lock
- Languages that we speak: Slovenian, English, Croatian
- Reception hours: 8.00 – 20.00
- Pets are allowed
- Prohibited smoking in all the hostel areas